Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First a bit about me.

About me.  I am the pastor of St. John's Lutheran Church in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.  I have been serving there since May of 2006.  I have been a pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America since my ordination in June of 1998.  In May of 2006 I received a Doctor of Ministry degree in Preaching from Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago (where I also received my M.Div.). I called this blog Confessing Lutheran partly because a colleague of mine already had the name Lutheran Confessions (The longest running Lutheran blog in North America.)  But the main reason for this blog is that since the controversial vote of the ELCA at its 2009 Assembly there has been a great deal of discussion from those leaving the ELCA, and from LCMS, regarding what is a confessing Lutheran.  What are The Lutheran Confessions, and what is written in them?  The purpose of this blog is simply to lift up a portion of The Lutheran Confessions (by quoting from an English translation) and reflecting on the meaning of that particular passage.  Do these provisions written so long ago have any relevance for us today?  That should keep me busy for quite awhile before I would have to think about moving on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment